Nice to see you here! I’m Cat Knarr, race and religion writer.
I live in Chicago with my husband, Ben, and our dog, Luna. As a multiracial person, I have been drawn to stories about diversity, faith, and justice. Here’s a glimpse of where my journey has taken me.
Where I Studied
I graduated summa cum laude from the University of Missouri School of Journalism. While at Mizzou, I also studied Religious Studies and International Studies with an emphasis in Peace Studies.
My Writing Journey
My journalism background has led me to many powerful stories about race and religion. I’ve reported from…
– Chicago (writing for The Chicago Reporter and UrbanFaith)
– My grandfather’s homeland in Palestine (writing for the Covenant Companion)
– Kigali, Rwanda (writing for Christianity Today magazine)
– Brussels, Belgium (actually, I never intended to go to Belgium but you can read what happened in the Covenant Companion)
– Gemena, DR Congo (writing for Covenant Kids Congo)
– Ferguson, Missouri (writing for Christianity Today)
– My college town of Columbia, Missouri (writing for the Columbia Missourian, Columbia Faith & Values, and Christianity Today).
See My Work
Hover over the “Portfolio” tab to read articles I’ve written and see books I’ve edited.